Covid 19 Safety Policy
Prior to your appointment:
- All bookings will be taken via the online booking system.
- All health forms will be required to be filled out online, before your appointment, to reduce face to face time.
- All payments will be taken online, at time of booking, to prevent unnecessary usage of handheld payment devices in clinic.
- All clients will be required to fill out a ‘covid fitness for treatment’ prior to each appointment for the safety of therapist and other clients. This will be emailed to you 24 hours before your appointment for completion.
Please do not come to clinic if you have:
a temperature or fever,
a persistent cough,
sudden loss of smell or taste
have been in close contact with someone with Coronavirus
you, or anyone is your household is self isolating or shielding
you have travelled abroad in the last 14 days
As usual, please do not attend if you are feeling generally unwell.
- There will be a period of at least 15 minutes between appointments in order for cleaning of all surfaces, couch and handles and airing of the clinic space between clients. Please note that there will no longer be fabric couch covers and the pillows will no longer have pillow cases, so as to enable easy cleaning between clients. Enhanced cleaning procedures are in place.
- Please note that the inside waiting area is no longer in use. Please wait outside for your appointment and you will be fetched when the previous client has gone and cleaning completed.
- The wearing of face masks is mandatory on the premises at all times. Face masks will be provided if you have forgotten yours.
- Please come to clinic with as few personal items as possible and place all items in the lidded box provided. This box is cleaned between clients.
- Please use the antibacterial handwash provided on entering and exiting the premises to stop spread of external germs.
- Your temperature will be taken on entry to the clinic, using a no touch forehead thermometer. If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or above, you will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Please come unaccompanied to your appointment to reduce contact. You may be accompanied by a carer if needed or parent if you are a minor.
- Please note that the communal toilets at the commercial centre will not be available for your use.
- Please bring a bottle of water with you as this will be unavailable at clinic.
My duty of care to you:
- I shall screen for symptoms everyday and check my temperature twice daily which will be recorded on the sheet in the waiting area for your information.
- If you have any concerns prior to the appointment, please email email@example.com or bring up any concerns in person at your appointment.
I am taking every precaution I can to ensure the safety and health of myself and my clients. Thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we navigate this together.
Nat Nicholson May 2020